Hi, I’m Kate,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
For most of my life…
I’ve lived in New England. Life as a kid was always centered around maintaining a full-time schedule with school, as many sports teams as possible, music lessons, and part-time jobs.
“I’m going to physically leave without you if you’re not in the car in exactly “x” minutes…”
was probably the most common statement I heard from my parents growing up as a teen. Life was full of hustle and bustle and on a strict time schedule. Unfortunately, the pace of my life didn’t slow down when I grew older and left the house.
My life took me in many directions with my education. Every 3-4 years I was bouncing around the country transitioning from Undergraduate to Graduate schooling before settling down in CT after a Physician Assistant Surgical Residency Program.
My life was finally stabilizing.
I met my amazing husband, was working in surgery full time as a PA, was a 45-minute train ride from Grand Central, and had a group of fantastic friends and family close by. After 30 years of “go-go-go,” I had a moment to drop down to a walking pace and actually catch my breath. And to be honest, I wasn’t impressed.
Despite my academic triumphs, job security, loving friends/ family, and stability in where I was living, I found myself getting worn down from the stress of living on the East Coast in the close outskirts of Manhattan.
Stress, unhealthy lifestyle and a negative outlook on life were what I saw when I thought about who I was becoming and how I approached my life.
This was not okay.
- I wanted my happiness back.
- I wanted my positive outlook back.
- I wanted my life to lead with a predominance of patience, listening, calmness and a healthier work-life balance.
Unfortunately, it was hard to find support in others who weren’t struggling with the same things I was. I therefore made the decision to take control of my life by making a public service announcement:
I was going to make a blog!
And so, The Healthy Habiteer was born!
THH was my accountability outlet as I worked on 2 of the most important things I wanted to see change in my life:
- My health and wellness
What a blessing this blog has been!
This blog has allowed me to connect with so many amazing men and women and watch as the community of Healthy Habiteers continually grows.
Greater success in one’s health, motivation, and habit formation goals are reachable (and maintainable!) when shared within a greater supportive community. Jump into the Facebook Group and immediately become part of a supportive healthy group of new friends!
If you are struggling with weight plateaus or weight regain and are frustrated with your lack of progress, I encourage you to check out my new 12 Week Weight Management Program! Better yet, get a feel for the program with a one week FREE trial of the core principles in nutrition!
Credentials: (PA-C, MMS, CSOWM)
- Physician Assistant Certified (PA-C) through NCCPA
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, NC
- Post Graduate Surgical Residency Certification
- Norwalk / Yale New Haven Health, CT
- 5+ years of surgical experience with specialized training in Bariatric surgery (“weight loss surgery”)
- Surgical expertise in: Trauma / Acute Care / General, Plastic & Reconstructive, Orthopedic, ENT, Vascular, Colorectal, Genitourinary, Gynecologic, Neurologic, Oral Maxillofacial, Pediatric, and Thoracic
- American Society in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Member (ASMBS)
- Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management (CSOWM)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Leader in Obesity Medicine
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
Join fellow Healthy Habiteers on Facebook
Learn more about my 12 Week Weight Management Program: HERE.
Get started with a one week FREE trial HERE.